What makes our practice unique…
- The Doctors: Dr. Iacobelli, founder and director of Orthodontic Specialists, graduated first in his class of 151 students from the University of Michigan Dental School in 1981. He was awarded numerous certificates for outstanding performance in dental anatomy and clinical children’s dentistry. He went on to complete his specialty residency and received his master’s degree in orthodontics from the University of Detroit Mercy in 1983. Over the past 35 years, Dr. Iacobelli has researched and developed uniquely efficient and precise holistic techniques for achieving rapid quality orthodontic results. He has become well known for developing these holistic concepts and has been asked to teach them to many practitioners not only at the University of Detroit Mercy and at the Michigan Dental Association Annual State Session, but also through his continuing education classes taught to all levels of dental professionals throughout the area and abroad.It is these conservative non-extraction quality techniques, which have also become popular among our past 25,000 patients. These treatment approaches have resulted in aesthetically pleasing smiles, stable results, and relatively short treatment times. Both patients and referring doctors have been so pleased with these results that they have allowed our practice to become one of the largest quality practices in Michigan.
Dr. Iacobelli’s role is to make sure all patients are treated according to these high standards he has developed. Dr. Iacobelli spends most of his time diagnosing and seeing patients, as well as teaching and educating staff and doctors to treat according to the quality standards he has developed.
- Doctor Controlled Office Visits: Our doctors check every patient at each treatment visit. Only doctors apply braces and do the adjustments.
- Optimal Treatment Timing: Treatment is started only when your child is truly and optimally ready, thereby preventing any long drawn out needless over -treatment programs. If not ready, your child is monitored on our “Recall Program” until optimal growth for treatment occurs. Most treatments complete in 9 to 18 months and we put braces on all the permanent teeth.
- State-Of-The-Art Technology: In addition to utilizing a safer, low-radiation digital X-ray, Orthodontic Specialists utilizes “Itero,” a digital scanning system which eliminates the need for uncomfortable dental impressions by using 3D-scanning technology. This also allows for instantaneous sharing of more accurate 3D digital data with Align Technology (Invisalign®) and other orthodontic labs to more quickly fabricate better fitting appliances. All of your individual records are retained on a cloud-based server for easy access now or at any time in the future at any of our facilities. Online account access and payment capabilities as well as email and text message appointment reminders are some of our additional practice features.
- Patient Education: Our voice-over-IP phone system puts you in touch with all of our staff at every location. Interactive video and computer imaging technology as well as printed educational handouts that we have specifically published to improve your understanding of proposed treatment.
- Non-Extraction Commitment: Preserving primary and permanent teeth results in a fuller and more natural smile.
- No Headgear Or Bulky Appliances: Making treatment easier and more comfortable for patients and requiring less cooperation. We use the latest high tech alloys and resilient wires thereby increasing patient comfort and decreasing total treatment time with fewer visits.
- Established Quality Practice: Treating over 25,000 cases in 35 years and constantly growing by way of referrals from previous patients, families and local dental practices. We are not a “clinic” or “orthodontic mill”.
- Practice Hours: Our office hours are by appointment only, with evenings and Saturdays available for your convenience to accommodate everyone’s busy schedules.
- Reasonably Afforadable Fees: Affordable fees for professional services are based on each individual case. Flexible, zero-down and zero-interest financial arrangements can be made. We participate with all insurance plans and do all your billing. We will do our best to obtain the maximum benefits for your care. We also accept your health savings accounts and flex accounts to make paying for treatements easier.
- Our Match & Beat Fee Policy: We promise to match any other qualified orthodontic specialist’s fee out there. Bring us their quote for the same treatment and we will match and beat it by 5% as gratitude for letting us provide your treatment.
Your Initial Visits
Our greatest goal is to give you the healthy, straight, beautiful smile that you’ve always wanted. We understand that choosing to receive orthodontic care is a big decision, and we respect your reasons for wanting to improve the way you look and feel. Our practice will work with you every step of the way to make sure that your orthodontic care is as comfortable, convenient, and rewarding as possible. We’ll use the latest technology, offering a variety of safe and gentle treatment options, giving you the customized, individual care that you deserve.
Every smile starts with a complimentary examination!
Your complimentary examination with x-rays will give you the opportunity to meet our team, as well as learn more about orthodontics, receive a complete initial exam, and find out which treatment options will best meet your needs. During your complimentary examination, Dr. Iacobelli will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms.
- Provide a complete oral exam, with X-rays, to determine if treatment is necessary.
- Help you create a customized treatment plan.
- Discuss all financial information, insurance options, and payment plans.
- Illustrate treatement with our computer-aided (?????) programs.
During your complimentary examination, we will explain everything that you will need to know about your orthodontic treatment, so that you can choose what’s best for you – no strings attached. If you’d like to schedule a complimentary examination with Dr. Iacobelli or one of our doctors, please call an office near you.
What happens after the complimentary examination?
If you do choose to receive orthodontic treatment, you will need to schedule your RECORDS APPOINTMENT to obtain digital x-rays, photos and models. Following the records appointment, the doctor will formulate a formal, written treatment plan, which is given to you and forwarded to your family dentist. After reviewing with you the doctor’s written treatment plan, we begin treatment during the treatment start appointment. At this meeting, we begin your treatment, and place your new orthodontic appliances. Typically, this appointment is no longer than one and half hours, and then you’re on your way toward your new smile!
Visiting the orthodontist every 2-8 weeks is an important part of your orthodontic treatment. Regular checkups last between 20 and 40 minutes. Our practice will work with you to make sure that your appointments are scheduled around your busy schedule, so that you will spend less time in the dental chair and more time enjoying the things you love to do.
We understand that “life happens,” so if you’re running late or need to reschedule, please let us know, and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. When you’re ready to schedule your first appointment, give us a call at one of our convenient locations. We’re looking forward to working with you.
Visiting the dentist during orthodontic treatment
It is very important that you continue to visit your family dentist once every six months, even during your orthodontic treatment, for teeth cleanings and routine dental checkups. If extra dental care is needed, we will be happy to coordinate with your family dentist to make sure that you are receiving the best care possible.
Hear from just a handful of our thousands of smiling clients.
- My son was a difficult orthodontic case. He had a crossbite and a narrow palate. First, Dr Iacobelli had us wait until Reid was fully grown before he would do anything. Then he used an expander to broaden Reid’s palate, followed by braces. The results are beautiful! Reid has a fuller jaw and handsome, straight teeth. But most importantly, his bite fits properly, which will mean that he won’t wear down his teeth, causing problems later in life. We are very pleased with the results and happy to know that we didn’t waste our money on braces when he was younger, or corrective surgery had we let this go.
— Michele M, Clarkston
- Both our daughters went to Dr. Iacobelli for orthodontic treatment and although I’m a bit biased, I must say that they both now have beautiful smiles! We were very pleased with the results and even more pleased that Dr. Iacobelli believes in working with the teeth that are there, instead of pulling teeth to make room.
— Theresa M, Clarkston
- I had braces as a child and at that time it was common to pull teeth to eliminate crowding. My orthodontist pulled two upper teeth and then put braces on to make them fit with the lowers. Although my teeth were straight at first, as I grew older the lower teeth became crooked again. Dr Iacobelli expanded the space for my upper teeth so that the lower ones could be straightened and fit in properly. The result is a fuller-looking mouth and straight teeth. I only wish that I hadn’t had the two upper teeth removed years ago!
— Mickie A, Bloomfield Township
- Our daughter had very crooked teeth. When we first took her to see Dr. Iacobelli, he sent us home! He said that Krista wasn’t old enough yet for braces. We were put on a call-back list while she grew. To our surprise, he was right. As Krista grew, her mouth expanded and her teeth began to straighten out naturally. By waiting for the optimal time to put braces on, it shortened the time Krista had to wear them and the results are great. We highly recommend listening to the doctor. His timing was right on!
— Donna B, Grand Blanc