A common question parents ask orthodontists is, “what is the best age for a child to get braces?” A child should generally be seen by eight years old to determine if braces are necessary and to determine the best orthodontic treatment options for the child. As we state on our About Orthodontics page, “early treatment can simplify later treatment.”
Some benefits of scheduling a complimentary exam for your child include:
- the orthodontist can augment the growth of the jaw and guide incoming permanent teeth.
- Early treatment can improve the width of the dental arches, gain space for permanent teeth, avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions, and reduce the likelihood of impacted permanent teeth.
- Help to correct thumb-sucking
- Help tp eliminate abnormal swallowing
- Help to correct speech problems.
We also know getting braces for kids can cause some financial anxiety and that’s why we are offering $500 off treatment with the complimentary exam. At Orthodontic Specialists, we also work closely with your insurance to get the best possible care for your child.
It’s important not to wait to have your child seen for potential orthodontic treatment. As the AAO notes, “putting off a first visit to the orthodontist until all of a child’s permanent teeth are in could do more harm than good.”
If your teenager may need braces or Invisalign don’t hesitate to contact us to schedule an exam. In fact, due to the high volume of Invisalign Teen cases we have performed, we have earned the “preferred provider” status. Being an Invisalign Preferred Provider means that Dr. Iacobelli has the highest level of experience within the Invisalign system.
If Invisalign Teen isn’t right for you, traditional metal braces can be a great option: